SPAG BOARD OF DIRECTORS EXECUTIVE MEETING
April 15, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
SOUTH PLAINS ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS AGENDA
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting for the Executive Committee of the South Plains Association of Governments (SPAG) is called for 11:00 A.M. on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. The meeting will be held via telephone/video conference call. The Executive Committee agenda is posted online at www.spag.org under the Calendar of Events (April 2020). You may email any public comments prior to the meeting at email@example.com. Comments received by Wednesday, April 15, 2020 will be read into the meeting record. The following are instructions on how to access the meeting via telephone:
To join meeting you can dial in using your phone:
Phone #: 1-346-248-7799
Meeting ID: 655-907-189
Persons joining the meeting by telephone will be invited to provide public comment and are requested to limit their comment to three minutes.
CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- (No Enclosure)
Receive Public Comments (See Public Comment Procedures below – limited to three minutes per speaker).
- (Enclosure A)
Consider approval of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors minutes and ratification of the actions taken at the March 10, 2020 meeting.
- (Enclosure B)
Consider acceptance of the financial report for the month of February 2020.
- (Enclosure C)
Consider approval of the
scoring and prioritization of the FY 2021 Criminal Justice Division (CJD)
application as recommended by the Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (CJAC).
- (Enclosure D)
Consider resolution proclaiming April as Fair Housing Month.
- (Enclosure E)
Appointment of the 2018 – 2019 SPAG Audit Committee.
- (Enclosure F)
Consider change to the SPAG Personnel Policies relative to a directive of local, state, and or federal shelter-in-place.
- Staff Reports
- Update of SPAG Regional TxCDBG Project Priority public hearing – Tim Pierce
- Discussion of monthly SPAG Board of Directors Meetings – Tim Pierce
- Status of SPAG office and employees – Tim Pierce
- Weekly Regional Updates – Tim Pierce
Public Comment Procedures: Citizens may address the Executive Committee/Board concerning any issue posted on the agenda for the meeting. All Public Comments shall be subject to the following:
- All individuals desiring to make a public comment should identify himself/herself before providing his/her public comment.
- All public comments shall be made in relation to the posted agenda item;
- Each speaker will receive three minutes and no portion of a speaker’s allotted time may be given (assigned, relinquished, or donated) to another speaker. Any member of the public that requires the assistance of a translator will have six minutes to speak;
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak once to the Executive Committee and once to the Board;
- The Board President shall follow the order of persons wishing to speak as listed on the sign-up sheet; and
- The Board President, with the consent of the Board, may add additional procedures or limitations and may alter these procedures depending on the circumstances in order to facilitate the orderly conduct of Board business at the meeting.
Executive Session Disclosure Statement: The Board of Directors reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of the meeting to discuss any item listed on this agenda as authorized by Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, including but not necessarily limited to §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations regarding Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), §551.076 (Deliberations regarding Security Devices).
Individuals with Disabilities/Special Needs: If you plan to attend this public meeting and you have a disability or special need that requires special arrangements at the meeting, please contact the SPAG offices at (806) 762-8721 at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting in order for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.