SPAG Board of Directors Meeting
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING 9:00 A.M.
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING 10:00 A.M.
TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting for the Board of Directors of the South Plains Association of Governments (SPAG) is called for 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. The meeting will be held via telephone/video teleconference. You may email any public comments prior to the meeting to Belinda Solis at email@example.com. Comments received by 5:00 P.M. on Monday, June 8, 2020 will be read into the meeting record.
The following are instructions on how to access the teleconference meeting via telephone:
To join meeting you can dial-in using your telephone
Phone #: 1-346-248-7799
Meeting ID: 833-1894-8297
Persons joining the meeting by telephone will be invited to provide public comment and are requested to limit their comment to three minutes.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
1. (No Enclosure)
Receive Public Comments (limited to three minutes per speaker).
2. (No Enclosure)
Review Board of Directors Agenda.
II. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CALL TO ORDER
1. (No Enclosure)
Receive Public Comments (See Public Comment Procedures below – limited to three
minutes per speaker).
2. (Enclosure A)
Consider approval of the minutes and ratification of the actions taken
at the May 12, 2020 meeting.
3. (Enclosure B)
Consider acceptance of the financial report for the month of April 2020.
4. (Enclosure C)
Consider authorizing the submittal of a noncompetitive Supplement Grant Application
to the U. S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA)
as part of the 2020 CARES Act Recovery Assistance Program.
5. (Enclosure D)
Consider authorizing the submittal of a noncompetitive SPAG COVID-19 Revolving Loan
Fund (RLF) Grant Application to the U. S. Department of Commerce, Economic
Development Administration (EDA) as part of the 2020 CARES Act Recovery Assistance
6. (Enclosure E)
Consider authorizing the purchase of a new modular workstation system for the
Regional Services, Economic Development and Finance Departments.
7. (Enclosure F)
Consider authorizing 2 new FTE’s classified as Regional Services/Economic
Development Specialist II (B-15) for the Regional Services/Economic Development
8. (Enclosure G)
Appointment of the 2020-2021 SPAG Nominating Committee.
9. (Enclosure H)
Appointment of the 2020-2021 Financial Plan Committee.
10. (No Enclosure)
Consider Committee Appointments.
Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC)
Patti Lowrance, Floyd County, nominated by Marty Lucke
Retha Pittman, Lynn County, nominated by John Baker
Todd Stiggins, Lubbock County, nominated by Latrelle Joy
Tim Crosswhite, Hale County, nominated by Wendell Dunlap
11. Staff Reports
- Monthly SPAG Board of Directors Meetings – Tim Pierce
- TDEM and CJD Grant Opportunities – Tim Pierce
- Status of SPAG office and employees – Tim Pierce
Public Comment Procedures: Citizens may address the Executive Committee/Board concerning any issue posted on the agenda for the meeting. All Public Comments shall be subject to the following:
- All individuals desiring to make a public comment should identify himself/herself before providing his/her public comment.
- All public comments shall be made in relation to the posted agenda item;
- Each speaker will receive three minutes and no portion of a speaker’s allotted time may be given (assigned, relinquished, or donated) to another speaker. Any member of the public that requires the assistance of a translator will have six minutes to speak;
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak once to the Executive Committee and once to the Board;
- The Board President shall follow the order of persons wishing to speak as listed on the sign-up sheet; and
- The Board President, with the consent of the Board, may add additional procedures or limitations and may alter these procedures depending on the circumstances in order to facilitate the orderly conduct of Board business at the meeting.
Executive Session Disclosure Statement: The Board of Directors reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of the meeting to discuss any item listed on this agenda as authorized by Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, including but not necessarily limited to §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations regarding Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), §551.076 (Deliberations regarding Security Devices).
Individuals with Disabilities/Special Needs: If you plan to attend this public meeting and you have a disability or special need that requires special arrangements at the meeting, please contact the SPAG offices at (806) 762-8721 at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting in order for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.