South Plains Association of Governments 54th Annual General Assembly Meeting
SOUTH PLAINS ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
54TH ANNUAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING
SCIENCE SPECTRUM (EXHIBIT HALL)
2579 S. LOOP 289, STE. 250
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the annual meeting of the General Assembly of the South Plains Association of Governments (SPAG) is called for 6:00 P.M. on Wednesday, September 15, 2021. The meeting will be held at the Science Spectrum (Exhibit Hall), 2579 S. Loop 289, Ste. 250, Lubbock, Texas. The agenda is posted online at www.spag.org under the Calendar of Events (September 2021). You may email public comments prior to the meeting to Belinda Solis at email@example.com. Comments received by 5:00 P.M., Tuesday, September 14, 2021 will be read into the meeting record.
CALL TO ORDER
1. (No Enclosure)
Receive Public Comments (See Public Comment Procedure below – limited to three minutes
2. (Enclosure A)
Consider approval of the minutes and ratification of the actions taken at the September 9,
2020 SPAG Annual General Assembly Meeting.
3. (Enclosure B)
Election of At-Large Member to the Board of Directors to Represent Special Purpose
4. (Enclosure C)
Election of At-Large Members to the Board of Directors from each County.
5. (Enclosure D)
Consider approval of the SPAG Financial Plan for FY 2021 – 2022 recommended by the Board of Directors.
6. Adjourn to Dinner Meeting
Public Comment Procedures: Citizens may address the Executive Committee/Board concerning any issue posted on the agenda for the meeting. All Public Comments shall be subject to the following:
- All individuals desiring to make a public comment should identify himself/herself before providing his/her public comment.
- All public comments shall be made in relation to the posted agenda item;
- Each speaker will receive three minutes and no portion of a speaker’s allotted time may be given (assigned, relinquished, or donated) to another speaker. Any member of the public that requires the assistance of a translator will have six minutes to speak;
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak once to the Executive Committee and once to the Board;
- The Board President shall follow the order of persons wishing to speak as listed on the sign-up sheet; and
- The Board President, with the consent of the Board, may add additional procedures or limitations and may alter these procedures depending on the circumstances in order to facilitate the orderly conduct of Board business at the meeting.
Executive Session Disclosure Statement: The Board of Directors reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of the meeting to discuss any item listed on this agenda as authorized by Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, including but not necessarily limited to §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations regarding Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations regarding Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), §551.076 (Deliberations regarding Security Devices).
Individuals with Disabilities/Special Needs: If you plan to attend this public meeting and you have a disability or special need that requires special arrangements at the meeting, please contact the SPAG offices at (806) 762-8721 at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting in order for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.