The SPAG Regional Law Enforcement Academy Program responds to the COVID-19 with regard to social distancing and safety of all cadets. The Regional Law Enforcement Academy continues to hold all classes via ZOOM.US. TCOLE has authorized online instruction via the video conference platform. As cadets look forward to their graduation, this online platform will assist in lectures in the classroom.
** NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NIGHT ACADEMY **
Congratulations to the Basic Peace Officer Course Class 96th and 97th and 98th. We look forward to following your success and growth in your law enforcement career. God bless you and keep you safe.
Regional Law Enforcement Academy Quarterly Training Calendar
For any training needs please contact Julie Ryan at 806-762-8721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Peace Officer Professional TCOLE Certification
Class # 99 Day academy in session for Monday – Tuesday
Class # 100 Night Academy in session Monday – Friday
Minimum Requirements to Enroll in a Basic Peace Officer Academy Program
Basic Peace Officer Pre-Entry Test (BPOC) Testing Information and Application Information
Applicants must take and pass a pre-entry test in order to enroll in the Basic Peace Officer Course.
Please contact Julie Ryan to make an appointment to take the test at 806-762-8721, leave your full name and phone number.
The test will take approximately one hour to complete.
Applicants must take the test individually at the SPAG office building located at: 1323 58th Street on the corner of Ave P Lubbock, TX 79412 (Directions)
- Pay a test fee of $ 50.00 and place a $250.00 non-refundable deposit for enrollment. Upon passing the entry test with a score of 80% or better you will receive the Academy Application Packet.
- Have medical evaluation by SPAG prescribed physicians prior to the first day of class.
- Have a psychological examination by SPAG prescribed law enforcement psychologist prior to the first day of class.
- Have a detailed Personal History Statement turned in two weeks from your entry test date. BE ATTENTIVE TO INSTRUCTIONS
- All entry fees and tuition is to be paid in Money Order or Cashier’s Check. No Personal Checks, Cash or Credit Cards accepted.
- Submit a completed enrollment packet (to include verifiable copies of birth certificate, driver’s license, social security card, academic transcripts, military DD214 with appropriate re-enlistment code if applicable, law enforcement sponsorship form. Medical examination results and Personal History Statement).
- A completed enrollment packet must be turned one month prior to the first day of class.
- Schedule an interview with the academy director or liaison.
Failure to meet the required deadlines will require a new Entry test and Fee, and Deposit for enrollment.
Basic Peace Officer Course
BPO course is held at the SPAG Regional Law Enforcement Academy located at 1321 58th Street, Lubbock, TX 79412.
It is not open to the public or visitors.
Class 99 & 100 are in session.