The SPAG Regional Law Enforcement Academy Program responds to the COVID-19 with all reasonable efforts to maintain a sanitized classroom setting.
The Regional Law Enforcement Academy NO LONGER continues to hold all classes via ZOOM. Classes are being held in person in a classroom lecture setting.
Regional Law Enforcement Academy Quarterly Training Calendar
For any training and BPOC enrollment please contact Julie Ryan at 806-762-8721 or email@example.com. Please leave your name and contact information (phone number and email is preferred).
Texas Peace Officer Professional TCOLE Certification
Minimum Requirements to Enroll in a Basic Peace Officer Academy Program
Basic Peace Officer Pre-Entry Test (BPOC) Testing Information and Application Information
Applicants must take and pass a pre-entry test in order to enroll in the Basic Peace Officer Course.
Please contact Julie Ryan to make an appointment to take the test at 806-762-8721, leave your full name and phone number.
The test will take approximately one hour to complete.
Applicants will take the test at the SPAG Law Enforcement Academy building located at: 1321 58th Street, Lubbock, Texas.
- Pay a $250.00 non-refundable deposit and receive the academy application packet upon passing the pre-entry test with a score of 80% or better.
- Have medical evaluation by SPAG prescribed physicians prior to the first day of class.
- Have a psychological examination by SPAG prescribed law enforcement psychologist prior to the first day of class.
- Have a detailed Personal History Statement turned in two weeks from your entry test date. BE ATTENTIVE TO INSTRUCTIONS
- All entry fees and tuition is to be paid in Money Order or Cashier’s Check. No Personal Checks, Cash or Credit Cards accepted.
- Submit a completed enrollment packet (to include verifiable copies of birth certificate, driver’s license, social security card, academic transcripts, military DD214 with appropriate re-enlistment code if applicable, law enforcement sponsorship form. Medical examination results and Personal History Statement).
- A completed enrollment packet must be turned one month prior to the first day of class. Failing to submit application packet on time may merit a denial to the academy.
- Schedule an entry interview with the academy director or liaison.
Failure to meet the required deadlines will cause your application to be withdrawn for enrollment into the academy.
Basic Peace Officer Course
BPO course is held at the SPAG Regional Law Enforcement Academy located at 1321 58th Street, Lubbock, TX 79412.
It is not open to the public or visitors.
Contact SPAG Law Enforcement Academy
(806) 762-8721 ext. 120